Minimalist or vintage style house designs are now increasingly in demand by many people. Unfortunately, this uniformity actually makes the house look boring. If you want a special residential appearance, unfinished house designs can be an attractive alternative.
Until now, there are still many people who do not recognize the unfinished concept that is applied to home design. Now to apply this one style to a dwelling, try to find out what are the characters and their uniqueness.
Characteristics of Unfinished Residential Design
The following are characteristics of unfinished residential designs that are usually presented in residential homes:
- The feel is similar to industrial style.
- Using materials without finishing such as bricks, wood, and natural stones.
- The interior touches are dominated by earth tone colors such as gray, brown, light brown, orange, and black.
- The impression of unfinished home design is also enhanced with vintage-style furniture of the same color.
- Implementation of the design takes a long time so that the interior and exterior nuances of the house look harmonious and not too much.
The uniqueness of the Unfinished Concept House
You can get the following advantages if you choose an unfinished style house concept:
- The house renovation process is fast because it doesn’t require a finishing stage.
- More efficient renovation costs because you don’t need to prepare finishing materials.
- The appearance of the exterior and interior of the house seems more unique than other houses in your neighborhood.
- The atmosphere of the house seems homey and cool as long as the lighting system and air circulation are properly arranged.
- The implementation of unfinished designs is fairly environmentally friendly because you can use used items as decorative elements.
Tips for Creating an Unfinished Style in a Home
Don’t get confused if you want to apply an unfinished style to your home. Follow these tips to get the look of the house you want:
- Prioritizing exposed brick material. Exposed brick is brick that is arranged without plaster and plaster. The display will show the original brick arrangement and color. That is why you must choose quality and intact bricks to complete the house building.
- For exposed brick on the exterior, you should coat it with anti-mildew and mildew paint so that its durability increases. If you are bored with conventional brick arrangements, you can also arrange them with interesting patterns to make them more eye-catching.
- Rely on light-colored wood which is processed without finishing. The use of light-colored wood will minimize the gloomy impression on the interior of the house. Defective wood elements or rough textures will add to the appeal and aesthetics of your home.
- Take advantage of lighting games to highlight certain parts of the house, such as spotlights under a large exposed stone table.
- Using exposed natural stone as a room wall or table material.
- Prepare adequate natural and artificial lighting systems so that your house does not appear dark due to the earth tone nuances of the interior and exterior.
- Reusing used goods that are still of good quality to reinforce a vintage impression, for example, an old school dining table or worn-out window frames that are not porous.
In conclusion, don’t get bored exploring a house style that seems unique and has character. Unfinished designs can be the right inspiration for perfecting the function and comfort of your home.